Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy father's day!

Good afternoon all, 

Hope you are all enjoying your day. Today is father's day and i am going to the inlaws today for lunch. My husband forgot completely that it was father's day today but he is lucky that i remembered. I made a scrapbook lay out in a frame for my father in law. He has not had the best of days these last few weeks as he was in a car accident. But he is recovering day by day and i thought i need to make something special. 


As the lay out had to go in a frame i could not make a lot of layers. On the lay out are his children with partners Dorita and George and Makis and moi. I picked an old picture from makis and me because we have put too much weight on the last few months. 

Here are some close ups of the details. I used a die-cut of marianne design for the bird cage and stamped a butterfly behind and colored it with copic


Because the lay out is in a frame i could not stick the "bling bling"on the page so i decided to 
put it on the glass. I don't think it can be seen very good on the picture.


I added a vintage cut stating " loving memories " and lace on each side of the page. 


I hope he likes it, obviously as a safe gift we also bought a shirt ( always safe)

I wish you all a very nice sunday. Dont forget my blog candy giveaway. I am happy to see that more people added themselves on THANK YOU!!

Channa

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gesture on your part!
    I am sure your father in law loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gesture is very touching...and the LO is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, love the details. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Channa what a great layout I'M sure your father in law will love it and a nice touch putting the bling on the glass very effective. Just noticed I was not a follower don't know how that happened , I am now though.

    lol

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Channa, what a beautiful scrappaper you've used.I love the use of the birdcage and the beautiful flowers. The thin pastel leaves give the pictures something special. I'm glad your father in law is feeling beter after his accident. Best wishes from us. Xoxo T.Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout! So many beautiful details.. And the color palette is just divine! Well-done!
    I am sure your father in law loved it!
    Best wishes from the country of smiles :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't find your e-mail, I would like to send you your scrapbook layout with pure colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, I'm sure he loved it! The window is my favorite. :) I am now a follower.

    Stop by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You. It's still in its early stages but I promise I have many plans for it!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoi Channa,

    Wat zal je schoonvader blij zijn met dit bijzondere cadeau,heel mooi gemaakt. Een pracht van een lay-out en mooie kleuren combinatie.

    Elleke

    ReplyDelete
  10. υπεροχο!!και οι λεπτομερειες ειναι φοβερες!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Channa! Very beautiful layout! I really like the colors and the photos looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for passing by and leaving some love.